Friday, June 10, 2011

Mood Boards

For one of my subjects this semester was Introduction to Graphic Design – and our ongoing major assignment was to create a logo that represents ourselves. We had to go through the whole process for creating an identity logo – from thumbnails, to idea development and to the final use of the logo. To help kickstart our creativity in brainstorming visual ideas, we had to create mood boards for each topic we decided to focus on. It’s not like I haven’t done mood boards before, but this is the first time where I had to base a mood board on myself. And funnily enough, I actually enjoyed creating a mood board that suits me perfectly and sets my mood to how I want to feel. I created one that displayed my creativity, my side where I enjoy reading and my love for photography. Every one of them inspired me in one way or another. I couldn’t help but fall in love with the concept for creating myself mood boards to keep my thinking focus on where I want to be in the future and keep my thinking reasonable. So instead of spending my nights wasted with watching old TV shows, I actually took some time to create myself another mood board to help me along to changing into someone I can be proud of.

This is my result. It’s looking lovely on my desktop at the moment. :) It’s a collection of photographs and quotes that I’ve collected from my tumblr dashboard – and with that being said, I claim no ownership of any of images that I’ve used to create my mood board. They’re so beautiful and captured my heart that I couldn’t help but add it to my pile of inspirational thoughts. Thank you for that.

The next couple of months, I’ll be facing a lot of different challenges and this will hopefully help me along my way and keep myself moving forward no matter what.