Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hayleh's Farewell




1. half of my outfit worn to Hayleh's farewell dinner   2. pretty earrings from Diva <3   3. my little painted board for Hayleh, to remind her to be brave while she's out and about in London   4. final instax photos with her :( 

We had a farewell dinner for Halie - whom is off to London, UK, for 2 years to travel and work - on Monday night along Chapel Street at a Thai restaurant. It was a little odd to have such a dinner because I would have never imagined saying goodbye to Halie. I'm so proud of her for doing something different for herself, and making London her next location for new adventures!! I believe this is definitely what she needs. She's been working at Times Cafe for the past 5 years, she's been a part of my Melbourne life from the very beginning - and I'm going to miss her so much :( 

She came into work today for about 15 minutes and yes, no doubt, waterworks came about and everyone was just a little downhearted knowing we won't be seeing our loud, funny, crazy and extremely caring friend till 2 years are up. Sigh :( I don't even think I've fully registered that she's leaving.. I really do hope she'll have an amazing time over in the UK and makes herself a home while she's away. Sure hope London is ready for her!! :) 

No comments: